The KBA Emerging Leaders Program is an intensive one‐year program which introduces up‐and‐coming leaders the KBA and assists in acquiring skills necessary to make that next step in their career. Due to the curriculum involved, we ask that the nominees for the program be less than 40 years of age OR with less than 15 years of banking experience. Exceptions can be made on a case‐by‐case basis, if appropriate.
The KBA Emerging Leaders Program will be limited to 9 Emerging Leaders. Nominations will be accepted and required information must be completed by both the KBA member bank CEOs and the Emerging Leader candidate, as indicated. If a submitted nomination is not complete by the submission deadline, it cannot be included for consideration. Each Emerging Leader will be chosen by a committee of industry leaders not in that candidate’s KBA Group. Because of the limited class size, if your nominee is not chosen, we encourage you to nominate that Emerging Leader again.
Selected Emerging Leaders are expected to participate in scheduled KBA Emerging Leader events throughout the year. The KBA will waive registration fees, but the nominating bank is expected to cover the cost of transportation and lodging, if applicable. (Scholarships may be available for expenses, depending upon circumstances). The exact dates of scheduled activities will be set as early as possible and communicated to both the nominating CEO and the Emerging Leader, but are expected to follow the schedule below:
- February 1, 2023 – Deadline for Nominations
- Date TBD—Orientation for the Emerging Leaders Program at KBA Office
- March 2023 TBD—ABA Emerging Leaders Forum, Washington DC
- April 23‐25, 2023—Spring Conference, French Lick, IN
- May 22‐26, 2023—Group Meeting (Attend one—your bank’s Group Meeting)
- June 21 or 23, 2023—Regulators Forum (Choose Bowling Green or Lexington)
- July 16‐22, 2023—KBA Washington Trip
- September 23‐27, 2023—132nd KBA Annual Convention, Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, CO
- October, 2023 TBD—KBA Leadership Event
- December, 2023 TBD—KBA Board Meeting
- January, 2024—EL Celebration
Exact dates will be set as soon as possible.
Please complete the nomination form before the deadline of February 1, 2023.