Fraud-Net Member Access
What is Fraud-Net.com?
Fraud-Net is a real-time, online database of attempted and actual fraud perpetrated against Kentucky banks. This fraud prevention system allows banks and law enforcement to post and search fraud alerts. Fraud-Net is a service of the KBA and is open for enrollment by Kentucky financial institutions*, regulators, and law enforcement agencies.
Florida Bankers Association developed, and has been using, the system since April 2002. They have received high praise from banks, law enforcement, and lawmakers. It can be a success here in Kentucky, as well, if we get all financial institutions and law enforcement agencies on the system.
Message Board: Users post and read alerts; view or upload photos of perpetrators and/or images of documents with a few clicks of the mouse.
Regions and Categories: Posting are separated into four KY regions allowing users to search for information relevant to their area. Postings are then further divided in specific crime categories, ex. Robberies. In addition to KY, eighteen states use Fraud-Net. These postings are available to Kentucky registrants.
Searchable items: The message board can be searched by perpetrators name, a routing number, a driver’s license number – anything you think might be relevant in helping you detect fraud.
E-mail notification: Users configure their profile to receive e-mail notification when new fraud or robbery alerts have been posted involving specified regions. Pick one or all regions. You also have the flexibility to view and receive information from surrounding states.
Printable bulletins: Provides preformatted printable alerts, allowing you to distribute alerts to others in your organization.
How Do I Get Started?
- Go to www.fraud-net.com and click on "New users register here". Complete and submit the form.
- After you register, you will receive an e-mail containing a link that you need to click to confirm that you registered a valid e-mail address.
- The email will also contain a link to the license agreement* that you must sign and fax to the attention of Natalie Kaelin at the KBA 502-584-6390.
- Once the KBA has received a signed license agreement*, and has reviewed and verified your registration information, you will receive a username and password via e-mail. If your request is sent during normal business hours you should expect to receive your username and password within 24 hours.
*Please note: The KBA only requires one 'signed' license agreement per institution. If your bank is a subscriber and you are being added as a user, you will need to 'click ok' on the agreement before their application will be processed.
- $50 for banks with one office (no branch facilities);
- $100 – Banks with 2-5 locations;
- $200 – Banks with 6–10 locations;
- $500 – Banks with more than 10 locations.
Call the KBA at 800-392-4045 or send e-mail to Natalie Kaelin.