|Sharon Cook is Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
She oversees the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s external affairs including Corporate Communications, Marketing, and Government Relations. In her role, Cook leads the Bank’s marketing, external and internal communications, stakeholder and media relations, and governmental affairs.
Cook joined FHLBank Atlanta in 2008 as Senior Marketing Communications Manager and was promoted to Vice President and Director of Corporate Communications in 2011, and then First Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer in 2015. Previously, Cook was Vice President of Marketing Services for CDC Credit Union in Atlanta. Cook earned a Bachelor of Arts and Science in communications and marketing from Georgia State University and a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in leadership development from Brenau University.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
|Nan Gesche is an energetic speaker and trainer whose passion is to “help people play well together.” Nan has been helping Fortune 500 companies, small organizations, and individuals improve their communication skills, teamwork, and leadership by helping them work thru challenging conversations so that they can get back to the business of reaching their goals. Using experience, insight, and some sturdy research, all sprinkled with a little humor, Nan provides a chance to ponder and practice different ways of thinking and acting. She teaches leadership at the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin. And, yes, she is a former Commissioned National Bank Examiner with the OCC and worked for a bank holding company - so she has worked in banking!
|Experienced Psychiatrist with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital & health systems. Skilled in clinical leadership and supervision, managed care systems and education. Innovative health care professional who graduated from University of Louisville School of Medicine.
|Debbie Peterson, runs a speaking and coaching business to help her audiences and clients leverage the power of the mind to create their next level in leadership and life! Her audiences and clients have shared that they experience more clarity of direction, producing better self-aligning decisions; an increased focus for clearer, consistent action; and more momentum, keeping them motivated and achieving the next level of success on their terms.
Debbie has long been an advocate for professional women leaders and aspiring leaders. In 2015 she stepped onto the board of ATHENA International, a global organization committed to supporting, developing, and honoring women leaders, and currently serves as Chair of the Board. She is also a member of the International Women’s Forum, Women’s Business Collaborative, Network of Executive Women, and a mastermind facilitator for NAWBO.
- Debbie is the creator of “Clarity Success Circle Mastermind,” and the “The Way Forward in Leadership & Life Breakthrough Weekend,” for women leaders who want to create next level success without the sacrifice that usually comes with it.
- She is the host of the Getting to Clarity Podcast, for busy women leaders who want the tips, tools, and techniques create MORE Success with Less Sacrifice in their life, and also the createor of The Clarity Community, a membership community launching in 2022!
- She is a professional member of the National Speakers Association, and a certified trainer of NeuroLinguistic Programming.
- Debbie is also an author with her book, Clarity: How Smart Professionals Create Career Success on Their Terms.
|Jenifer Snook, Senior Vice President of Consulting Services, has previous experience working in the banking industry as well as an instructor at a community college. Those two backgrounds led her to become a trainer and consultant for Haberfeld. During her 17 years at Haberfeld, Jenifer has helped banks with their policies and procedures, as well as trained and presented front-line staff, branch managers, executives, presidents, CEOs and boards of directors. Jenifer has worked with and trained hundreds of banks and thousands of bank staff. Jenifer has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Concordia University and a Masters of Public Administration from the University of Nebraska.
|Peggy M Williams, a native of Martwick, Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, retired in 2019, after a 42-year banking career. Prior to joining the staff of First State Bank of Greenville, Ky in 1976, Williams spent 15 years as a legal assistant for John W. Willis and Alfred C. Ross.
Ms. Peggy Williams
A graduate of Drakesboro High School, enrolled in classes at WKU and Madisonville Community College. She was an honor graduate of the Kentucky School of Banking in 1982 and the LSU Graduate School of Banking in 1985.
Williams began her career at First State as a bookkeeper, earning her first promotion as an officer in 1977, subsequently being named Vice President in 1981 where she was involved in mortgage and commercial lending, marketing and human resources. In 1986, she was elevated to Executive Vice President, and added to the Board of Directors shortly thereafter. In 1989, First State Bank merged with Old National Bank in Evansville, Indiana, however retaining their name and charter for an additional 10 years. In 1992, the then president was promoted as president of another of the Old National Banks in Hopkins County and Williams was elevated to President of the Greenville Bank. One of the early successes was the acquisition of a 23-million-dollar bank in Central City. In 1994, Peggy was named Region President and assumed responsibility for all of the Old National Offices in Western Ky, which in addition to the two counties she was serving, expanded to include, Owensboro, Henderson, and Morganfield, as well as Clarksville, Tennessee, until that market was sold. Williams remained in that position until her retirement.
- Construction of new office in Beechmont, Ky, which included an attached Post Office (a first)
- Construction of new office in Owensboro (expanded market)
- Construction of new office in Madisonville
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Business and Professional Women’s Woman of the Year
- Received Old National Bank’s first Leader of the Year award - 2007
- Madisonville Community College Benefactor of the Year - 2007
- Greater Muhlenberg County Chamber of Commerce Lifetime Business Achievement Award 2012
- Appointed to Financial Institutions Board – Citizens at Large representative 2021
THINGS MOST PROUD OF
- Three Western Ky Managers earned the Old National Bank Volunteer of the Year award
- Western Ky Region repeatedly earned the Company award for the highest percentage of volunteer service participation, several years at 100%
- Three managers became Presidents of other banks [people development)
- Achieved budget targets every year
- Muhlenberg Alliance for Progress (Chairperson 10 years)
- Muhlenberg County Opportunity Center
- Greater Muhlenberg County Chamber of Commerce (Past President)
- Felix E Martin Foundation Board (10 years)
- Madisonville Community College Advisory Council